At the Sonrisol Dental Clinic in Torremolinos we made the dentures to replace several missing teeth or a complete dental arch, restoring the function and appearance of your smile.
The missing teeth can seriously affect your quality of life by compromising your appearance and causing you to eating and talking is a challenge.
Why is a denture the solution for me?
- Take years off your appearance: Designed to resemble natural teeth, dentures can be customized to complement the shape of your face and enhance the appearance of sunken cheeks and wrinkled lips.
- Improve your quality of life: Dentures can renew your ability to eat comfortably, speak clearly, and chew properly. With a fully functional smile, you can enjoy life more fully.
- Benefit from implant stability: You may choose to secure your dentures with dental implants. It's called an overdenture. This solution holds your dentures firmly in place and prevents the recession of the jaw that occurs after the loss of a tooth.
What does the fabrication of a denture entail?
The process for receiving a denture varies depending on whether your restoration will be supported by dental implants. Yes OK implants they can add several months to your overall treatment schedule, provide significant benefits that many patients find the additional time worthwhile.
- Planning- Your dentist will assess the health of your teeth and gums and design a treatment plan.
- Preparation- You will undergo any preparatory procedure, such as a tooth extraction.
- Placement implant: if you want better retention, you will undergo implant placement surgery and then wait three to six months for the implants to integrate into the jawbone.
- Impressions- Your dentist will take impressions to design your dentures.
- Manufacturing: the lab will make your dentures.
- A restored smile- Your dentist will provide you with the finished dentures and make any necessary final adjustments.
Your new restoration may seem strange for a few weeks while your cheeks and tongue adapt. You may also experience an increased flow of saliva, which should decrease as you adjust. With a traditional denture, you may notice slight irritation or pain.
You must eat soft foods cut into small pieces so you can Get used to the new dentures. Be careful with hard or hot foods, which could damage your dentures. You may need practice common functions, like talking, with your dentures for a few weeks until you feel comfortable with your braces.