Modern cosmetic dentistry has provided us with advancements in technology to help create custom-made fillings to address the structural problems of your teeth. Porcelain inlays are natural looking fillings that help repair the tooth surface to make it stronger and, at the same time, helps prevent future dental problems.
In our dental clinic in Torremolinos we use porcelain inlays because are ideal for decayed teeth that require less extensive repair than a dental crown, but they are serious enough that they need more support than a dental filling. They are also ideal for teeth that have small cracks or fractures that require restoration. They are a conservative option that guarantees the conservation of the maximum amount of your own tooth.
Advantages of porcelain inlays and inlays
Porcelain inlays are an excellent solution for when your teeth need intermediate restorations. They offer many benefits, including:
- Custom fit- Inlays require minimal preparation and preserve as much of your tooth as possible. By using impressions of your existing tooth, a mold is created that will fit your tooth firmly.
- Natural look- The porcelain used matches the color of your existing tooth and is unlikely to fade over time like resin fillings do.
- Easy cleaning- Due to their precise fit, the inlays are just like your natural teeth, while being less bulky than dental crowns, making the brushing and flossing process easier. They are also resistant to stains.
- Natural feel- When porcelain inlays are done correctly, they feel and function like your natural teeth.
- Force- Once attached to your tooth, porcelain inserts add strength and support to the damaged tooth.
- Long lasting- Porcelain material is quite sturdy and made to last for a long time.
- Sure- Porcelain material won't shrink or expand with hot or cold food and drink, which means it won't break your teeth.